Friday, September 16, 2005

Friday Movie MUSIC Dweebing

EDITOR'S NOTE: CAN'T THE KIDS ALL PLAY NICE TOGETHER.....???

Elfman speaks on Spider-Man split
Music maestro Danny Elfman won't be back to play melody to Spidey's next adventure, it seems, telling About.com that he's had a falling out with "Spider-Man" director Sam Raimi.

I’m not working on Spider-Man 3. I’m out of that. I won’t miss not doing it. Spider-Man 2 was a miserable experience", Elfman tells the site. “It’s like my connection with Sam got completely severed. As far as I’m concerned, he went to sleep, somebody put a pod next to him and when he awoke, he wasn’t the same person I’d known for a decade.”

Elfman adds, "He went from right there number two on my list of favorite directors to the exact opposite of what I look for in a film experience which is everything I could do on Spider-Man 1, I couldn’t do on Spider-Man 2. He got so intensely attached to the temp music that I couldn’t even adapt my own music close enough. Let me put it that way. I couldn’t get close enough to me, least of all anybody else who was in the temp score.”

Still, you'll probably hear Elfman's theme in "Spider-Man 3", because Raimi owns it.

Oh yeah, he can do whatever he wants. It’s the first time I’ve ever walked from a director in 20 years and hoefully the last time I have to turn my back on somebody but it became like intolerable. And I’ve been on some heavy duty films, so to say that, it had to be pretty bad. I’ve been in war zones you couldn’t believe in 55 films but this is the first time I said, ‘I’ve had it. It’s just not worth it. I’d rather go back to waiting tables than to do Spider-Man 2 again, to have to have the same experience.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home